Skip to main content

8th December 2011




In 2001, I had a website. It was pretty rudimentary but I was probably the only person my friends knew who had a website of their own. I did blogging before blogging existed, and started the Advent Calendar when most companies didn't even have a web presence. Why am I reminiscing like this? Because my favourite page on my website was called Bad Place Jokes. And what do we love to get in crackers? Really Bad Jokes. So here it is ... from 10 years ago ...


B A D   P L A C E   J O K E S

NOT BY ADAM CREEN

- - - -

My wife's gone to the West Indies
Jamaica?
No, she went of her own accord.


My wife's gone to Northern Italy
Genoa?
I should think so, we've been married for 20 years.


My wife's had an accident on a volcano
Krakatoa?
No. She broke her leg.


My wife's gone mad in Venezuela
Caracas?
Yes, absolutely loopy


My wife's gone to the botanical gardens
Kew?
Yes, it was rather busy.


My wife's gone to Malawi
Lilongwe?
Yes, about 5000 miles


My wife's got an upset tummy in Laos
Inkhazi?
Yes, constantly.


My wife's gone to see relatives in France
Nice?
Yes, and her cousin


My wife's gone on a singing tour of South Korea
Seoul?
No, R&B


My wife caught a cold in the Gulf
Qatar?
Yes, she was coughing up phlegm for weeks


My wife went to a very bad concert in South East Asia
Singapore?
Yes, but the drummer is fantastic.


My wife's just been on a day trip to Poole
In Dorset?
Yes, she'd recommend it to anyone.


I sent my wife to the East Indies
Jakarta?
No, I sent her on a plane.


My wife's gone to Cyprus
Nicosia?
No, she's taken them with her.


I sent my wife to Illinois
Chicago?
No, as a passenger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advent Calendar 2023

Berlin Travel Guide 2024

Don’t forget EHIC/GHIC – make sure you get one for free, never pay a scammer Travel Insurance – you’ll thank me one day Roaming Bundles – get the cheapest data bundle from your provider  Importing – into Germany you can’t take meat, milk or products containing these Airport to City Turn left out of Terminal 1 arrivals, following signs to Terminal 2. At the large Burger King, the tourist information centre is on the right. Here you can buy full-access Welcome Cards (with free museum entry). If you just need the travel Welcome Card (with museum discounts) you can buy that from ticket machines inside the arrivals baggage hall, or at the station below Head back to the big escalators down to Level U2 https://ber.berlin-airport.de/en/orientation/getting-here/public-transport.html   https://www.bvg.de/en/service-and-support/tourists/arrival-and-departure/berlin-brandenburg-airport   Don’t catch the first train that seems to be going in your direction, it may be a slow S-Bahn Use the BER App d